Makes 30 slices 10 x 4 cm using a 16" x 12" lamington tin.
Alternatively you can half the recipe and use a 12” x 8” tin.
430g Unsalted Butter
90g Brown Sugar
4 cans Condensed Milk
240g Unsalted Butter
240g Golden Syrup
3-5 drops Natural Sensations Caramel Fudge Oil
½ tsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 180. Spray and line lamington tray with baking paper long enough to overlap both ends of the tray.
2. Melt butter and mix in well with the biscuit crumbs and brown sugar then press firmly into tray and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool while making caramel layer.
3. Place condensed milk, butter and golden syrup into a large pot. Stir constantly over medium heat until all the butter has melted and combined.
4. Add few drops of caramel fudge oil to desired taste. Pour over the biscuit base and bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes until caramel just goes golden on top. Allow to cool.
5. Melt the copha in a pot over low heat. Once the copha has melted, add the milk chocolate then remove from the heat and stir until all chocolate has melted (it is best to use a good quality chocolate). Return to heat and stir continuously if needed to melt the chocolate.
6. Place dark chocolate and oil into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time on high until chocolate is melted and place into a piping bag.
7. Once the caramel is at room temperature, pour the milk chocolate mixture onto the caramel layer and spread evenly by tilting the tray. Pipe the dark chocolate across the top then drag a skewer back and forth making pattern.
8. Allow chocolate to set then score the top where you want to cut it before refrigerating.