Pie Weight Beads
Many recipes for pies and tarts call for blind-baking the unfilled crust – a process made more reliable with the help of these ceramic weights.
- Round ceramic weights prevent pie and tart crusts from shrinking or blistering during baking.
- After fitting the pastry dough into your pan, press on a layer of foil and line it with the weights.
- Ensures an attractive pastry shell that will hold its shape when filled.
- The unglazed ceramic material also helps to evenly distribute heat, promoting uniform baking.
- Can be used again and again.